What we love
- A place where the clouds gently kiss the mountains and valleys, a place where the songs of the birds echo into the horizon, a place where racing thoughts in the mind pause and a place where the vivid colours of nature paint a mesmerising painting of the landscape. This boutique resort unfolds across two main cottages on a private hill from where one can soak in breathtaking views of the snow capped Kumaon peaks.
- The colourful living room of the house is a delightful place to just relax and unwind. Multiple cosy sitting set ups make it convenient for different groups to hang out in the space all together while the crackling fireplace keeps everyone warm. The large glass windows allow you to enjoy the vistas of the mountains and greens all around while being indoor. And if you’d like to get closer to the nature, the several spacious outdoor decks are great at all times of the day, especially at night when you can peak into the world of the stars!
- While each bedroom has its own unique design and character, each one gives you a chance to be feel one with nature through expansive windows and cosy balconies/ verandahs. Rustic and antique looking fireplaces find their spot in every bedroom as do well designed ensuite bathrooms that reflect a tasteful mountain aesthetic.
- While each bedroom can be booked individually, a combination of rooms is better suited for groups/ families traveling together. The main house has 6 bedrooms in all and a second cottage has 3 bedrooms with a shared living, dining area and beautiful writer’s study! If you’re a group of 6 to 8 people, this cottage will feel like your own private home away from home.
What to know
- A highlight of traveling to new destinations is the possibility to sample interesting local flavours. And a stay here does that perfectly well - from relishing refreshing buransh juice to savouring delicious dishes during the main meals. Incase you’d like some of the regular dishes across cuisines such as Indian, Chinese, Mexican or Continental, the chef can prepare those too. All this is prepared using home-grown organic vegetables and herbs.
- Food is served during fixed hours at the main dining area only. If you get pangs of hunger at other times, you can order a snack or two from the in-room dining menu. And if you don’t see something that your belly craves then, make a request to the chef and he’ll probably delight you!
- On days when you just feel like staying in, the lounge cum library in the main house offers a range of indoor activities that you and the children can indulge in - from browsing through the bookshelves and picking out a book of your interest to playing board games or watching movies.
- The region is blessed with orchards of exotic fruits such as apricots, pears, plums and a variety of nuts - go on for an early morning walk with the children and watch them go wild as they pick out fruits that they like!