What we love
- We love the breathtaking location of this boutique property! It’s located in a clearing in the midst of an orchard on a hillside with stupendous views of the mountains in the distance and the gently sloping valley below.
- Spends hours just chilling at the outdoor seating area, from where one can gaze at the mountainous setting all day. Complete that novel, enjoy a sumptuous breakfast or simply lose yourself in the landscape!
- You’ll feel like you belong to the hills the minute you enter the common lounge area. This is part of the original structure and retains its colonial architecture matched with a touch of modernity. Thick stone pillars cradle big glass windows, and vintage lamps and furniture add to the cosy interiors. This is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine, swap stories around the bukhari (a wood fire heater made of iron) or be cocooned with a book in the library attached to it.
- The colonial rooms of the original house. While there are additions to the accommodation in the form of independent cottages housing contemporary rooms, the rooms in the main building hold their own with wooden floors and snug fireplaces.
- We love the way the colossal windows of the new rooms frame the view. The sweeping windows are perhaps the best feature of these rooms marked by modern décor and architecture, for you can enjoy the mountains from the comfort of your room, especially on a chilly day!
What to know
- Whether it is Indian cuisine or continental, food here is easily another highlight of your stay. Roasted meats and tall coolers, delectable dals for vegetarians, and a variety of breads, can be enjoyed over long brunches in the sun. Dig in to pastas topped with fresh basil, apple pies and homemade pizzas, served outdoors or in the little dining room through the evenings.
- The kitchen is quite innovative. It’ll be perfect to start your day with chicken dosa or just ask the chef to surprise you! Definitely try their fresh fruit pies if you’re there in the summer season.
- The single factor that makes all the difference is the personalized service and attention to detail. More than anyone, it is the owner himself who lives here and is involved at so many levels. He leads his team by example, from personally welcoming his guests to regaling them with stories of his summer holidays here as a child, and from cooking for them to even serving them at times! That’s quite something, aye?
- The driveway goes up to the main building with the colonial rooms and other amenities such as the restaurant, but for the new cottages, you will have to take a staircase or two. We’d recommend the colonial for people with walking difficulties.
- Some of the activities such as a jungle walk around require compulsory supervision of a trained guide.