What we love
- As you drive through the winded roads, past farms, local villages and into the forests set on the slopes of the hills, the air will start getting fresher and purer. This is when you know you’re nearing your destination - a royal Keralan palace that’s perched atop a hill amidst a pepper and coffee plantation estate with a small pond, gardens and farm within it.
- This royal palatial house, built in traditional Keralan architectural style with an open central courtyard, was dismantled into more than 20,000 wooden pieces, transported and reconstructed by England’s first chocolate making family! The house has been perfectly restored, replete with antiques, local tribal art amongst other artefacts, and furnished elegantly in cheerful hues. The result is a haven of peace and tranquility situated in the lap of nature under a canopy of beautiful fruit trees.
- The tastefully furnished and fantastically airy bedrooms with sliding wooden doors open up to private garden spaces, yards or a view of the rolling hills. Interesting artworks from the owner’s private collection or antique markets of India dot the walls in the bedrooms while earthy lamps create the perfect warm ambience.
- We have to mention the great hospitality that’s extended by the owner and staff. Your every need is taken care of in a non-intrusive yet attentive way.
What to know
- The advantages of staying on a coffee estate with an organic farm is that you’re assured fresh food and freshly grounded coffee! Here, it gets better as the chef’s magical fingers turn the homegrown vegetables into scrumptious South Indian or Mediterranean preparations. Enjoy the meal out in the garden or in the shaded comfort of the courtyard dining area with others while exchanging stories. On request, beer and wine can be served.
- Wifi though available may be patchy. For those who need good internet connectivity, we recommend you may want to carry the portable dongles that support internet connection.
- There’s a library with a great collection of books. Pick a book that you like and spend the day reading it out on the hammocks while the birds chirp on.
- Explore the plantations, walk into the forests, go on exhilarating treks through the local villages across the waterfalls, spot migratory birds as they sing their songs or star gaze late into the night surrendering yourself completely to nature. This vacation is bound to be one really relaxing and rejuvenating one!
- For those who’d like to learn or practice the art of yoga, there’s a great outdoor platform overlooking the vast forests where yoga sessions are held. The in-house instructors will be glad to assist with you connect with this ancient art form.