What we love
- This stunning seaside villa is nested snugly amongst the hills and offers arresting views of the glittering ocean beyond. The lush green of the surrounds and the stark blue of the endless ocean create an incredible visual treat that will leave you breathless.
- The architect was mandated to create something without disturbing much of the natural landscape around on a space that had sharp gradients. What resulted is a fascinating architectural marvel - the entrance of this villa is through a roof garden with multiple openings that shelters the different communal and private spaces below, each one illuminated brilliantly with natural light and shaded by lots of greens.
- The three bedrooms are a fabulous play of eco and luxury - half exposed brick walls, stone and lots of greens have been blended so beautifully with contemporary lamps and chic furnishings. Full length glass doors on almost three sides of each of the bedrooms mean plenty of natural light - and for when you want privacy, blinds can be pulled down. All bedrooms offer great views of the coconut grove around as well as the seascape.
- A luxurious infinity swimming runs the width of the villa. The pool seems to meld with the horizon while gifting guests a stunning view of the panoramic oceanfront. Swim a few laps and then lay down on the loungers shaded by the swaying palms - no better way to experience and soak in the tropical vibes of coastal Sri Lanka!
What to know
- A short walk down a slope leads up to an almost private sandy beach where you can play the waves, swim in the sea, take long walks on the beach, put out your towel or just be. If you’re lucky, you may even get to spot some dolphins leaping close to the bay. Caution is advised while treading down the path.
- Sample delicious food, both local as well as Continental, prepared by the master chef. We highly recommend the Sri Lankan specialities such as kiribati, fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry), kukul mas curry (chicken curry), string hoppers, lamprais and many more flavourful dishes. One one of the days, you could accompany a member of the staff to the local market and pick out your vegetables, fish and meat. Also, weather permitting, barbecue nights or fun picnics can be planned too!
- The warm and professional staff serve guests with a smiling countenance and have mastered the art of being invisible yet around when you need them! They’re ever ready to assist you with whatever you may need to make your stay a comfortable one - from arranging tuk tuks to get around to excursions to explore more of Sri Lanka.