What we love
- Cocooned in the wilderness and overlooking the valley is this secret seven bedroom Dutch colonial mansion that befits a royal or celebrity style vacation!
- The main mansion, surrounded by tropical plants and lush rice fields, takes you back to another time and age with its open style architecture. The breezy columned terraces and verandahs make for ideal spaces where you can enjoy the crisp mountain air at leisure. The ground level boasts a chic semi-formal living area, often decorated with birds of paradise flowers, a state of the art media room fitted with hi-end audio-visual devices, a formal dining area for those stately dinners and a cosy study with a selection of books.
- Four luxurious bedrooms with four poster beds and beautiful colonial style furniture are housed in the main mansion. All of these rooms have soothing views of the surroundings and additional lounging around spaces in the form of verandahs and balconies fitted with lazy planter style loungers. A garden cottage has another two bedrooms, each with an ensuite, a private kitchenette and a well done living area. The seventh room is housed within an independent cottage next to the activity, massage and gym rooms.
What to know
- The show stopper is the infinity edged outdoor heated swimming pool. Float away on the crystal clear waters, soaking in the calm wilderness environs of the ride paddies, valley and mountains around or just enjoy the warmth of the sun.
- The mansion’s seclusion will keep you away from the crowds while its easy proximity to beaches with guarded reefs and the charming fort town of Galle mean you can get to the best spots around quickly. On request, a picnic on the beach can be arranged.
- The talented chef here can delight with local specialities as well as world favourites. Feast on an array of succulent sea-food dishes plated to perfection - each meal is an experience that’s pure delight for the senses! Pay just for actual charges of the groceries and transport.
- Indulge in relaxing massages right within the comforts of the estate. Trained specialists work on you to iron out knots on your back. There’s a fitness area where you can continue your city routine on the treadmill and benches. Yoga mats are available if you’d like to practice that at this serene setting.