What we love
- Magic. That’s the word for this place. Imagine driving through the desert to arrive at a place where you can stand on the sand with your feet sunk deep within it, feeling the the soothing desert wind rejuvenate your soul, siting under the moon-lit sky embroidered with shimmering stars while being in the lap of luxury and impeccable hospitality!
- This resort and camp, located right in the middle of the Thar desert, is luxury at its very best! You have a choice of either staying within the resort or making the luxurious tent your humble abode for these few magical nights. The luxurious villas in the resort come furnished with fine wood work, interesting artwork that provide a different shade to the walls and parish-pump handicrafts while the luxury tents, right in the middle of desert, are embellished beautifully with local block prints, wooden furniture and colourful rugs! Regardless of where you choose to stay, the experience will be breathtaking!
- Just as the sun goes down, members of the staff set up a romantic dinner for two in sequestered locale under the star studded sky! We won’t say more and unveil the surprise. You have to experience this yourself!
- Pamper yourself with an aroma, ayurveda or herbal massage and rejuvenate all your senses.
- Afternoons are best spent chilling in the palm fringed pool or sun bathing under the clear sky. Get disturbed by nothing but the sound of the wind and the song of the desert.
What to know
- Get ready to shake a leg with the local dancers while the musicians fill the cool desert air with the the sound of music. And if you’re a little shy, sit back and enjoy the stunning colourful performance - an experience we promise you won’t forget for a long time to come! For the curious who wish to know more, do go up to the artists who’ll be more than glad to share folklore from the region and shed light on customs and traditions!
- It’s incredible how in the middle of a desert, first, there’s a luxurious resort and a campsite, then, there’s an organic garden! You could over to the farm and learn about the spices and traditional preparations of the region.
- Rajasthani food preparations and dishes were a result of, as in many regions, ingredients locally available. Given the limited availability of water in the dry state, most dishes were prepared using milk. Savour each delicacy served in a special traditional Rajasthani thali. Non-vegetarians must try laal maas, a red meat curry from Rajasthan, prepared using whole spices and cooked differently in every home while the vegetarians must surrender their taste buds to daal-baati, sangri and choorma - all traditional Rajathani food preparations.
- If you happen to be there in the month of August, do visit the the bird watching spot nearby a flock of migratory birds from Eurasia and Mongolia fly in!
- You got to love technology in all its forms - there’s both phone and WiFi connectivity for all those who need to stay in touch with their family back home, take that urgent call from the boss or call a loved one.