What we love
- This place is the labour of love, passion and perfection of a few wine connoisseurs from Italy and India who were dead set on producing world class wine on Indian soil. After an extensive search for the perfect land coupled with an area with the right climate, a location within Maharashtra was selected, developed landscaped. The men believed good wine really comes first from the vineyard itself and thus cultivate their own grapes, thereby having complete control on the quality of the grapes and eventually the wines too. Don’t be surprised if you find these passionate men tasting different wine for hours on to create the perfect wine!
- At a vineyard, the wine tasting session takes center stage and it’s no different here. You get to choose where you’d like the tasting to take place - the cellar, in a hut atop a hill or in the posh tasting room. A sample of wine will be poured delicately into the thin rimmed-tall stemmed glasses, for you to sniff, swirl, sip and savour, along with exotic cheese and crackers. Pick the flavour you like and take back a few bottles home!
- We thoroughly relished the non fussy traditional Maharashtrian cuisine and some Italian, cooked with a whole lot of love by the in-house chef during our stay here, and served with wine.
What to know
- The residence, initially created for the owners and their family and friends, comes with 4 bedrooms, all differently coloured, a glassed lounge area with luxurious sofa, a pool table, iPod docking station and the other mod-cons, a dining area, a modular kitchen and a foos ball table too! Great place for a small group of 8 to 10 people.
- If you’re keen on being a part of the harvesting process, visit in the months of January, February and maybe March.
- Just across the tasting room, is the winery where large columned metal structures turn grapes into exotic wines, perfectly bottled and labelled. Do make a trip down there to learn all about the wine making process.
- Just below the winery, there’s a cellar where a special blend of wine is being aged. You may want to check it out when you’re there!
- Other than the wine tasting session and a tour of the vineyard and winery, you can indulge in indoor games within the residence, play a round of pool or even try your hand at foosball.