What we love
- This gem of a villa in Kashid has been very tastefully developed and decorated. There’s plenty of sunshine and green, some personally planted by the owner, that surround the bungalow. We particularly love the gorgeous creepers that have taken over the walls of the villa changing the colour from white to green! Look around and you’ll also find very interesting artifacts and other unique objects that are strewn about the place. The place reeks of oodles and oodles of charm and character that is very tough to find otherwise.
- On a more factual note, the bungalow has 2 bedrooms (AC), 2 bathrooms, a living room and a sitting area and is equipped with all the modern amenities you require. The kitchen and dining area are on the rooftop overlooking the lush green gardens that surround the property. Great place for 2 couples to spend a good weekend away from Mumbai.
- We absolutely love the inviting swimming pool which makes for the perfect place to lounge around with a book and take a dip whenever it gets too hot. The pool has beach chairs and umbrellas too ensuring you’re well protected from direct sunlight.
What to know
- Board games, cards and rummy counters are available in-house on request. However, should you wish to listen to music, bring along a music player.
- Kashid Beach is 200 meters away where you can enjoy a host of water sports and recreational activities such as para-sailing, jet skiing, ATV trikes etc.
- This is the personal home of a lovely gentleman. It is not a hotel but a home-stay. Please use it like you would use your own personal home with alot of love and respect. Also, the staff will try to accommodate your requests but please know that the level will be that of local people and not trained housekeeping staff.
- Internet connectivity is extrmelely rudimentary and very slow. If you need to use internet, there’s a internet cafe about 15 kms away.
- The famous Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary is just across the road. If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, check with the caretaker and he can guide you through the interesting parts of the forest.