What we love
- A spectacular landscape with deep valleys, streams, mesmerizing waterfalls and lust forests await the vacations at this getaway in Wayanad, Kerala. This place is part of the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserve in India.
- You’ll truly be pampered with the choice of accommodation. Some of the cottages and rooms face the natural stream, while the tribal huts are tastefully built with mud, thatched leaves and bamboo. The tree houses high above the canopy of the rainforest are an adventure on their own while the beautiful wooden cottages with a private pool provide for a luxurious opportunity to laze around the whole day!
- Here, you’ll rise to the sining of birds, the curious looks of the Malabar giant squirrel or the naughty monkeys that enjoy taunting visitors.
- Get treated to the panoramic view of the unique terrain when you walk down the rope bridge that connects the restaurant to the rest of the property.
What to know
- While here, relax and pamper yourself with an authentic Ayurvedic spa treatment or take a dip in the fresh water swimming pool. There are several indoor and outdoor games as well to keep you occupied and entertained.
- The morning trek into the forest is an exhilarating experience as the chattering of cicadas echo around you! You’ll also see different birds, butterflies and pretty flowers unique to this region. Be careful and take precautions as leeches are common.
- Walking shoes are a necessity here. Do remember to carry them as well your swim suit.
- The tree houses are located away from the main resort. Opt for these if you’re looking for privacy. But note that suitcases are not allowed here as it is difficult to carry them up the ladder, so come prepared to rough it out. The tree-houses are eco friendly using water from the nearby springs and solar energy is harnessed for electricity. When the weather is cloudy, hot water may be a problem but the experience of staying high above the ground is well worth it!
- The restaurant served authentic Kerala cuisine. Enjoy a buffet that is mildly spiced with a distinctive coconut flavour.