What we love
- While cruising along the smooth roads with lush landscape of Kerala on either side, the scenery suddenly begins to change to that of manicured tea plantations on the rolling hills. That’s when you know you’re close. This estate has tea gardens as far as the eyes can see. Swerve up to arrive at the resplendent colonial cottage where you’re bound to feel like royalty!
- There’s something so relaxing about bamboo and cane chairs out in the verandah. They seem to instantly slow down the pace of life. The entrance here does just that! Walk in, having mentally changed gears, into a space that’s grand from another time - fireplaces, stately sitting areas, an antique grand piano and a long corridors with stunning wooden rafters that draw you into the cottage!
- The imposing colonial styled sprawling bedrooms, on either side of the corridor, come with generous high ceilings, wooden furniture, regal sitting areas and state of the art lavish bathrooms that immediately take one back in time to the days of the British Raj. On cold winter days, snuggle up by the fireplace, while on sunny days, step out into the verandah and the lush garden with interesting raw wood furniture for some warm sunshine.
- The staff, their warmth and hospitality, are truly what infuse life into a place. Led by the manager, expect nothing but the perfect level of service by one and all!
What to know
- The picturesque hills and valleys make for an unforgettable walking, hiking and cycling experiences. Go on marked trails through the working tea plantations, challenge yourself to reach the top of a hill from where you’re rewarded with panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. Go a little further ahead to the water body where the animals from the wild often come to quench their thirst. Along the way, listen to stories of the mischievous elephants, while bumping into and sometimes joining the tea pickers with jute bags on their backs, learning a thing or two about picking tea leaves. On another day, visit the tea factory for an educative tour around!
- Get into the sweet rhythm of a planter’s life swimming in the azure waters of the pool within the estate, going to the planter’s club to play badminton, tennis, billiards, snooker or just to pick up a book to read, or spending hours out in the garden having a hot cup of tea! There’s a gymnasium and sauna room in-house as well if you’d like to use those.
- Take a seat at the relaxed verandah, soaking in views of the rolling hills and tea plantations beyond while the smiling staff tables a delicious spread of flavourful dishes, prepared to your tastes and preferences, and served over multiple courses - from salads to desserts and even a round of tea/ coffee right after! There’s an indoor dining area as well if you’d prefer that.