What we love
- Gokarna is a destination that’s riddled with natural beauty along the coastline with laterite hills, forest lands, the Arabian sea, pristine beaches and quiet farmlands in addition to legends that take date back to the days of Lord Shiva. A journey here not only allows you to explore the wonders of the region but also helps you take a journey within while gently introducing you to all round wellness by planting positive seeds of transformation.
- Partake in the yoga and meditation sessions conducted by trained practitioners across exotic locales of the property - from the meditation hill overlooking the vast sea and Om beach to the 400 year old Banyan tree. The sessions are optional and vary in difficulty from one day to the next. Most programs also include a session with the in-house Ayurveda doctor who has a detailed one on one discussion with you based on which oils are selected and massages are prescribed.
- Pathways lined by greens lead up to the laterite rooms, designed as individual villas that have been inspired by the local Konkon homes. Each villa comes with a spacious air-conditioned bedroom enclosed by floor to ceiling glass doors, an open to the sky well designed bathroom, a beautiful mini herbal garden from where you can pick herbs such as basil and lemongrass to prepare yourself a hot cup of tea, a writing desk to jot down the incredible learnings from your experience here and a relaxed yoga and meditation area that serves as an ideal place for private sessions.
- A vital component to complete wellness is the food we consume. Here, scrumptious yet natural and healthy food, prepared with fresh vegetables and sea-food, plated to perfection come out of the kitchens. Interesting combinations of dishes - all made from natural oils, minimal spices, whole grains and no sugar, find their way into your tummy, often leading you to ask how the dish was prepared! Drumstick and mango soup, beetroot kebab - are some of the dishes that we loved and learnt how to prepare during the interactive cooking workshop! The fixed menus for lunch and dinner are different each day and chances are you won’t repeat a single dish regardless of whether you opt for the 3 day or 21 day program! You go back not only having added a new flavour to your palette from this beautiful coastal town of India but also having gotten introduced to a way healthier diet.
What to know
- The beaches are a sliver of paradise! Sandy, virgin white, and pristine! Take long and leisurely morning walks on the beach while the waves crash gently on your feet. Swim in the sea, away from the red flags that signal areas of risky whirlpools, allowing the balmy salt water to rejuvenate you. Dolphins are often sighted here - who knows you may just end up swimming with one! And when you’re done with the water, spread your beach towel and lay down with a good book while working on a beautiful tan from the tropical sun.
- A resident artist and potter, helps you translate your imaginative thoughts into beautiful creations at the art studio. Learn how to work the wheel while turning clay into a vessel, candle-stand or any other object. Here, you can also perfect those strokes during a scheduled art session!
- Kingfishers, barbets, hornbills, herons, Brahmini kites and many other birds have made this place their home. Go on an interesting bird watching walk, conducted weekly around the vast property, where the naturalist helps you spot these flying creatures in their natural habitat.
- The walls of the library are lined with cupboards that have books in different languages. Feel free to read those that interest you while here. If you need to need to check mails or browse, you may do so at the library - the only space where WiFi is available.
- The journey from Goa airport to the property is about 3.5 hours. The roads while good do not have highway lights. We recommend reaching the property before 5 pm as the roads are not safe thereafter for any travel. If your flight reaches anytime such that you cannot reach the property by this time, we do recommend staying the night in Goa - we can take care of that, and leaving the next morning.
- A range of packages are on offer here - from 3 day destress programs, 5 day well being holidays, 14 night naturopathy and Ayurveda programs to 21 night panchkarma (the ultimate mind-body healing experience) treatments. Get in touch with us on [email protected] to know more about the programs and to select one that’s best for you.