What we love
- In the midst of breathtaking natural beauty, surrounded by evergreen forests and fragrant coffee plantations, sits a stunning resort on a sloped hilly terrain with cottages raised on stilts perfectly in sync with the ecosystem of the pristine Western Ghats!
- We’re sure you’ve fantasized about staying in a tree house at some point in your life. With gracefully designed wooden cottages, raised above the ground, under the canopy of green hued trees and surrounded by the plantations, this resort helps you actualize your little fantasy! You’ll love the adrenaline rush when you climb up to your exotic abode and we’re sure you’ll express happiness with childlike glee.
- You can’t help but fall in love with the cottages. Natural light streams in beautifully through the tall glass windows while the bedroom that opens up to the east facing private wooden sun deck makes for the perfect place to recline and watch the prettiest sunrises. Bask in the shade of the canopied trees, fill your lungs with the crisp mountain air, sip on a hot cup of freshly brewed cuppa and say hakunamata! For those who’d like to take luxury and privacy to the next level, opt for jacuzzi suite that has just the panoramic views for company.
- Here, you not only get to wade through the coffee plantations and learn about the cuppa that wakes up more than half the world, but also get to custom blend and roast your own coffee beans under the careful guidance of a master! If your coffee happens to be a perfect blend with the right balance, you can even sell it in the coffee boutique shop or carry it back home!
- You’re the master of your hours here and the staff goes out of its way to ensure these hours are personalized as much as possible right from your food preferences to the activities you’d like to indulge in and even cooking demonstrations on Coorgi cuisine.
What to know
- The region of Coorg is endowed with interesting fables and legends surrounding the living communities that create the multi-coloured fabric of Coorg. The origin of the people is unknown, thus giving rise to enthralling stories of their descent. According to one of the legends, the Indo-Greek soldiers migrated to this region and married the local people after the conquest of Alexander the Great. The theory certainly holds ground given the strong resemblence of the fair skinned and sharp featured Kodavas/ Coorgs with the Greeks. The kupya, a traditional costume worn by the men, also strongly resembles the Greek toga.
- Given the lay of the land, one that was fraught with danger, wildlife and uncertainty, the Kodavas were essentially a martial clan. Their food was primarily non-vegetarian other than what grew on their agricultural land. Every meal at the resort offers at least one local Coorgi speciality. Savour the local delicacies of Pandi or port curry served with Kadumbuttu or rice dumplings or the Bembla, a bamboo shoot curry.
- Given the steep gradient and terrain of the resort, children below 12 years of age are not permitted.
- WiFi connectivity is available across the resort, should you need to check quick work mails or browse.
- You will be required to dine at the restaurant. The resort does not have room service.