What we love
- This luxurious resort, developed at the foothills of the Nilgiri mountain ranges, is located in the heart of Bandipur Wildlife Reserve. A stay here ensures you have one too many encounters with the wild – moments when a herd of elephants gracefully pass by the boundaries just as the sun is setting, or a flock of deer come peeking at your window, looking at your inquisitively and leaving after saying a little hello.
- Get greeted on the exterior by traditional crafted thatched roofed cottages, while being welcomed to interiors with a greater sense of extravagance. The cottages come with wood panels and detailed use of wood-work, murals, windows that cover the length of the walls, murals and other interesting artefacts. Both local artwork and fine luxury have been subtly integrated to achieve a level of serenity akin to a philharmonic orchestra.
- Choose from a choice of accommodations – the stone or wooden floored courtyard rooms that come with a garden and a verandah offering stunning views of the forest along with a bedroom with French windows. If you’re traveling with children or just in need of more space, opt for the superior courtyard rooms. For our nature lovers and adventure seekers, we recommend the log huts raised on stilts offering the best views, and for serious indulgence, opt for the Residence Suites that come with a private sit out area, terrace with stunning views of the hills and the forests as well as exclusive bathing area located outdoors under the skies!
- Honey bees are well renowned for their excellent organizational skills as well as their for their hard working nature. While here, you can witness these traits through the delicate hives created by these bees in the wild! In the company of an experienced guide and with caution, learn first-hand about the different grades of honey and the various local honey harvesting practices that are followed in the region!
What to know
- We love how the owners behind the venture focus on eco-tourism. The cottages within have been designed using local architectural techniques with materials locally available while a myriad flowering and fruit trees have been planted in and around the resort to support and further the diverse ecosystem that’s cradled within the Western Ghats.
- The aura of mystery that surrounds this place is further catalysed by the waters of the 4 rivers, which sanctify the region and bless the inhabitants of the reserve with perennial sources of water.
- We advise keeping natural coloured clothes, especially when going on the safari, and a sturdy pair of shoes for the gorgeous treks and walks around the area.
- The swimming pool and massage areas are a great place to unwind after the exhilarating game drives in the jungles.
- Plenty of entertainment options are available within the resort, such as cycling, foosball, an exclusive gaming room, a library, table tennis and even a billiards room.
- Owing to the remote location of the resort, WiFi is not available, though there is a computer at the reception powered by internet. Phone networks may be patchy. You’ll need to find spots where the signals are strong to make a phone call back home, or rely on good old land-lines that are available in the rooms.
- Children below 3 years of age will not be allowed to go on the safari.
- Restaurants are far and few around the area. Chances are you’ll be having most of your meals within the property. Food though is well prepared and delicious!