What we love
- This waterfront old mansion that was once the home of the family has been gracefully restored as a charming boutique hotel offering that promises to be a great local experience in a setting that’s breathtaking and serene.
- Skirting the lake, the manicured gardens with colourful flower beds and shade of the trees offer an unparalleled outdoor experience. Sipping on Kashmiri tea, napping, strolling around or just watching the sights on the lake - moments spent here can be very calming.
- The spacious and elegant wood panelled bedrooms with new mod-cons are tastefully decorated with Kashmiri rugs and local paintings. The ensuite bathrooms are modern and come fitted with all the essentials.
What to know
- Meals are a set menu where often authentic Kashmiri dishes and North Indian favourites are often served. The food, though limited in choice, is finger licking good! This is the ideal place to sample the well known Kashmiri favourites as well as the lavish Kashmiri Wazwan!
- With the mansion set right on the lakeside, shikaara rides are just a few steps away from your room! Sometimes, you have witness vendors selling handicrafts, flowers and other stuff, come by the hotel on their shikaara too!
- Every member of the staff exudes a whole lot of warmth and service that’s attentive and personalised.
- The mansion is situated about 15 minutes from the main town and several places of interest. The location is ideal if you like a quiet and serene setting away from the crowds yet would like to be close enough to main sights.