What we love
- This place has been weaved out of a little boy’s childhood. A place where he and his siblings would run around free, chase colourful butterflies in a pursuit to trap them, inhale the fresh crisp mountain air, roll up their pants and dip their feet in the gushing water of the Beas river, count the million stars that dotted the dark blue skies, pluck apples from the nearby orchards and stealthily go in search for animals in the forest. To ensure this dream was never broken, he took over the place and converted into a symphony of cottages for fellow nature lovers to enjoy.
- Dance to the profound music of the river Beas flowing parallel to the place, close your eyes and inhale the aroma from the apple orchards, surrender your senses to the majestic mountains, rest under the plum and kiwi trees and finish that book whose pages are waiting to be turned and let nature unfold it’s magic on you!
- The cottages, one and two bedrooms, are made in typical Himalayan architectural style by efficiently recycling timber, slate and stone from old houses that were getting demolished in the region. A great way to experience the Himachal of yester years with the comfort and style of today. The two bedroom riverside cottages come with a dining and kitchen area, a delightful verandah with private garden, two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a cosy sitting area with a fireplace. The one bedroom cottages too come with a dining and kitchenette, bedroom with bathroom and a balcony overlooking the gardens and river beyond.
- Savour the scrumptious food, out in the lawns by the river, without worrying about putting on a few extra pounds. The dishes are prepared using garden fresh vegetables and catch of the day from the river! What’s not to love!
What to know
- Welcome to the home and hospitality of hosts who go out of their way to ensure you have a memorable and comfortable vacation. The attitude of service extends from the hosts to all members of the staff who listen to the needs of the guests with warmth and willingly meet every demand of the guests.
- Incase you’d like something special, let the staff know and they’ll ensure it’s taken care of. From requests for an early breakfast to a barbecue by the riverside, all your needs will be met with a smile.
- We recommend the Indian preparations more than the other cuisines. Definitely have breakfast in the garden while the river gushes on.
- Ensure you keep enough days at hand when you get here as a few days will feel very limited to truly experience the enchanting landscapes, picturesque spots and the bewitching serpentine river!
- Incase you need to work on your laptop using internet, we recommend carrying your dongle along as the internet is patchy within the villas but works fairly well in the common areas.
- The last few miles leading up to the villas are not in the best of conditions. We recommend an SUV for a comfortable and better ride.