What we love
- A few years ago, a couple fell in love with the beauty of Old Goa, an area that chimes with the rings of the church bells and the twitter of birds. A region where every ray of the setting sun lights up vintage Portuguese houses with cathedral windows and stained glass panels, and ruins that have witnessed Goa’s rich and colourful history that dates back to the days of Lord Shiva.
- In this oasis that’s still peaceful and free of commercial frenzy, a dream and a holiday home of a family unfolds on top of a hill in the form of two beautifully designed villas with an architectural style that harks back to another time, unveiling a bespoke experience that’s magically addictive.
- Welcome home to a space where the outdoors seemlessly merge with the indoors and where blooming frangipanis seduce you with their fragrance. Each of the two villas have a relaxed living room that’s open on all sides, three luxurious and tastefully decorated bedrooms that reek of subtle elegance, thoughtfully designed ensuite modern bathrooms, deep verandahs and large terraces - accessed through vintage double wood-panelled doors that whisper a song of leisurely times. And tea. Signature tea that’s such a delight to the senses!
What to know
- We fell in love with the gazebo! The charming and unconventional dining area is cradled in the arms of manicured lawns and offers expansive views of the farmlands, river and churches in the distance. This is where appetising dishes are ferried from the kitchen to your table while music plays in the background. From wafer thin crepes to traditional Goan fare - we assure you, you’ll love your lazy meals here.
- Snoozing on roots of the Banyan tree, swimming in the pool, tanning on the beach chairs, reading on the grass - these are the little joys of a languid vacation here. And for when you’d like something more, hop on a ferry to explore the quaint islands where you can cycle, visit the nearby bird sanctuary, go on easy walks to stately churches and museums, gorge on coconut macaroons from a bakery on top of a hill or drive off to the beaches that hug the coastline.
- The place is such a unique blend of a luxury villa, small boutique hotel and a holiday home - on the one hand you could have a sublime dinner beautifully set up under the Banyan tree, while on the other hand, with each villa equipped with its own expansive kitchen, you could also help yourself to a cup of tea/ coffee just the way you like it! The staff around help you create the experience you’re looking for while being attentive but not intrusive, giving you space and privacy but also being there should you need their support with anything.