What we love
- Nestled on a hill overlooking a tributary in an untouched part of North Goa, is this beautiful sanctum in the form of a three bedroom villa that was originally built by a free-spirited individual looking to preserve Goa’s natural landscape. On an estate of more than 20 acres, more than 95% remains just the way it was, making this place a sanctuary for birds and occasional small animals - a nature lover’s dreamy escape!
- The grand living room with several arched shuttered doors is a beautiful pastel hued area that has charming intimate spaces within - a relaxed day bed reminiscent of palatial mansions, a semi formal seating with coffee table books on architecture, interiors, Goa and more, and an elegant round dining area for those sophisticated dinners. Can’t miss the gorgeous objets d’art placed around.
- Off the central courtyard, three elegant bedrooms in soothing muted colours unfold with charming canopy beds, multiple shuttered windows and doors layered with soft white cotton curtains that blow with the wind. The luxurious spa-styled ensuite bathrooms are beautiful earthy spaces with interesting features - sunken baths, twin sinks with shelled mirrors and bamboo ladders that act as towel and clothes holders.
What to know
- The villa has a beautiful courtyard with a crystal clear swimming pool shaded by blooming flower trees and lined by stylish loungers with umbrellas. If you prefer to stay out of the water, the verandahs just outside the rooms as well as the living areas also have relaxed seating where you can soak in the tropical vibes.
- The cuisine here is a fusion os Continental and Goan specialities. Most of the vegetables are organic and homegrown. Owing to the Goan sea-food diet, the traditional prawn curry with okra coupled with a side of tisreo (clams) and mackerel stuffed with recheado masala (Goan spicy red masala) is a must try!
- From rain-water harvesting, composting, to minimal use of plastic, the estate goes over and above to protect the environment!
- Owing to its seclusion, phone and internet services are on the weaker side.
- Other than paddling about in an outside pool, you may also indulge in relaxing Ayurvedic massages and treatments. The staff can also help make arrangements for you to explore Goa’s coastline, temples, churches and colourful bazaars.