What we love
- Tucked away in a quiet residential hamlet that’s famed for its banana plantations and enterprising noteworthy Goan families, is where this mesmeric and high energy three bedroom villa with beautiful long verandahs and red slated roofs is situated.
- The living area is an eclectic space with patterned tiles, Turkish lamps, period furniture draped in bright hues and beautiful objects that create an aura of calm. The grand skylights and the arched French doors which lead into the verandah are two other standout features.
- The villa comes with three distinctly decorated bedrooms, each named after indigenous flowers. One of the rooms on the ground floor is done up in soft blues and calm whites with the comfortable bay windows being the chief highlight. Another room on this level is beautifully furnished in earthy undertones with access to the open verandah - early risers will love the birdsong you can hear while in this room. The third bedroom which takes up all of the first floor is dominated by shades of red. It offers complete privacy and also has a generous exclusive balcony!
- Float for hours together in the serene private pool set in the villa’s backyard. Lounge around on the poolside recliners with drinks of your choice served to you while you catch some sun and enjoy the balmy tropical weather.
What to know
- Though the villa is not near the beaches, its secluded location with the Mapusa river gurgling nearby and laid back village scene is what holds the real appeal. Gallivant the sleepy lanes to feel a sense of belonging to the village’s affair with the church, fish and surprisingly, bananas! Wethaer permitting, you could partake in a fun sunset cruise down the river!
- The calm environs within and around the villa create the perfect setting to indulge in blissful massages and spas. Experienced practitioners with deep knowledge on Ayurveda are available on call. The owners are spiritually inclined individuals who love for the space to serve as a wellness retreat spot and often host yoga, meditation and other spiritual workshops. You could choose to participate in one of them or even the villa for a retreat of your own!
- Feast on delicious home cooked style meals crafted with a whole lot of skill and passion and plated to artistic perfection - from continental staples, eggs, fruits and wholesome Indian fare for breakfast, to popular Konkan, coconut based curries to aromatic prawn and fish preparations! The goodness of food doesn’t end there - the villa can even concur up a full organic feast, and also organise special meals prepared by celebrity chefs, noted local bakers - just let them know your preference and watch them stir up the magic!