What we love
- Built in traditional Balinese architectural style with ornamental stone sculpting, this villa is set in a peaceful village. It’s in perfect harmony with the surroundings, hugged by cascading rice terraces, offering a chance to tune into the blissful frequencies of the real Bali.
- The villa comes with 3 bedrooms, designed to include delightful nods to Balinese aesthetics. Walk through carved doorways, admiring vibrant batik tapestries that hang on the walls, into rooms furnished in earthy colour schemes, keeping things elegantly understated. Furnishings rain from flat screen televisions to unlimited WiFi to add a decadent modern finish.
- The villa is flanked by an immaculately groomed garden that features beautiful lawns, a trickling water fountain and an endless array of tropical plants. The intimate garden gazebo offers the picture-perfect setting for an alfresco brunch.
- The crowning jewel of the property is the turquoise free-form pool – diving into those crystal clear waters is the absolute best way to start your day! The pool is surrounded by a sundeck, perfect for those looking to work on their tan.
- Staffed by locals from the villages nearby, be ready to experience the smiling and gentle hospitality of the polite Balinese people! From stirring up delightful local preparations to recommending the best places to visit around, they’ll be at your service to create a memorable experience.
What to know
- The villa is located in the peaceful village just east of central Ubud. The property’s laid-back surroundings offer a delicious doze of peace and quiet, while Ubud, a veritable treasure-trove of vibrant local culture and delicious dining options, is just about a 20 minute drive away. Insatiable night owls or those who like to be in the midst of all the hustle bustle, may not enjoy this villa as much.
- Following the breezy architecture of traditional local homes, the villa features a largely open-plan design where the lush outdoors blend seamlessly in together with the chic interior. Don’t be surprised if an exotic songbird pays a visit during breakfast!
- When wandering through the streets of Ubud, don’t miss out on nasi campur Bali, or mixed Balinese rice. The exact content of this sumptuous dish varies from restaurant to restaurant – expect to be treated to variations of scrumptious skewers, spicy sambal, tasty tofu and mouth-watering veggies served with various sauces and of course, a side of rice.
- It’s easy to feel underdressed when making your way through your local Balinese village, where hardly a day goes by without an elaborate ceremony. When those occur, the locals get dressed up to the nines in their finest traditional clothing. Men sport vibrant sarongs and regal head wraps, while the women look simply immaculate in their floor-length sarongs and intricate lace blouses known as kebaya.