What we love
- This traditional Javanese styled villa rests in the chic and cosmopolitan neighbourhood of Seminyak that’s sprinkled with fashionable shops, world cuisine restaurants, boutique cafes, and where every person on the street feels like a celebrity. Handpicked oriental artworks, statues of Hindu deities, antique furniture and colourful ceramics find their place here - no surprise given that the owners are passionate art collectors and have many art galleries in Bali!
- A century old joglo (traditional teak house) that was once a part of a nobleman’s house, forms the charming living and dining area of the villa that’s shaded by tropical plants and age-old frangipani trees. The joglo opens up on three sides to the gorgeous meandering pool and a garden beyond where the sun loungers lie.
- The villa comes with a total of three bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms, furnished with four poster beds and decorated with curios and interesting artworks, come with beautiful private verandahs, large dressing areas that lead onto the luxurious bathrooms, fitted with rain-showers, bathtubs and antique washbasin stands. Each of these bedrooms also has a private sitting area that has a writing desk, a second television and a sofa that doubles up as a single bed if required. The third bedroom comes with a private deck and is reached through a courtyard garden. The king sized bed in this bedroom can be converted into twins if required. All bedrooms also come with an iPod dock - hum away on your favourite tracks!
What to know
- An easy stroll of less than 5 minutes leads up to the golden Petitenget beach where you can remove your footwear and let the waves gently kiss your feet. As you walk on, you’ll see couples clicking away to those who’re just waiting for the sun to turn a vibrant shade of red and sink into the ocean. This is also where you’ll see dainty boats weaved of banana leaves and empty coconut shells - the daily offering left by the devout Balinese.
- The super cool ‘eat street’ of Seminyak is just a stone’s throw away. You always have a smorgasbord of delicious restaurants to choose from. However, on days when you feel lazy and want to dine in instead, the in-house chef will be at your service, ready to prepare gourmet meals for you - from traditional Balinese specialities to tempting desserts. He’ll also take in your dietary preferences into account and can prepare simpler meals for the children.
- You can get relaxing massages within the comfort of the villa! Deft therapists and masseuse work on you once you choose from a treatment from the comprehensive menu.
- A villa that’s child friendly is such a boon on vacation and this one is just that - from placing pool fences to preparing finger foods and other meals especially for the children. Heavy baby equipment such as cots, chairs, car seats, baby monitors etc can also be rented at nominal charges, saving you the trouble of carrying these with you!