What we love
- A stone’s throw from the motor head, the property overlooks the valley dotted with qaint village homes and the odd shop or two, and above them, the Himalyan panorama stretches from east to west sitting pert in the horizon.
- The architectural grandeur of the reception. As soon as you enter, you’re whisked into opulence that is heavily influenced by Italian design and belies the location of the place. The imposing staircase, the enormous chandelier and the beautifully clad staff transport you to another world.
- The mountain view. Nearly every room commands a view of the stunning range outside. The luxurious rooms, furnished in subtle hues, come with private terraces/ balconies or sit out areas that are ideal for sunbathing and mountain gazing.
- The most exclusive room of the property, the suite, has a huge bedroom with glass windows that perfectly frame the mountains outside. The lavish suite also has a tub in the bathroom on an elevated marble plateau that allows you to look at the mountains outside, and all while you bathe! That’s not all, there’s also a private terrace area where you can surprise your loved one with a romantic candle light dinner!
- The all-pervasive fragrance! Walk around and the entire atmosphere indoors is infused with a heady aroma of lemongrass and lavender and other essential oils.
What to know
- The impeccably dressed and courteous staff ensure that guests feel at home. From the warm cinnamon welcome drink presented promptly to paying attention to detail in their service, the team makes your stay memorable.
- The telescope in the study is ideal to stargaze in the evenings. Ask the staff and they will set it up for you.
- Birding enthusiasts should hit the trails around with their binoculars and birding book. Being a fruit belt, this area attracts a lot of bird life.
- A picnic lunch by a gushing waterfall close by is one of the best ways to spend your time here. You may also do a picnic lunch in the forest around.
- The strategic positioning of the place makes it ideal to do day trips in the area. Mukteshwar, about 20 km away, makes for a great drive. The entire route is scenic with the Himalayan range accompanying you throughout. Day trips to Nainital, Kasar Devi and Jageshwar temples, or lake tours of Bhimtal, Naukuchiatal and Saattal lakes are also an option.
- The property has come up recently and its landscaping is still underway, so the driveway leading to the property might come across as a work-in- progress site.