What we love
- Valparai, nature’s aviary, is a paradise for bird watchers. Listen to the musical twitterati of the birds through the day - Great Indian Hornbill, the Malabar Whistling Thrush, Dollarbirds, Lion-tailed Macaque, Woodpeckers to name a few!
- We loved the early morning trek around the tea gardens and forests. A chance to spot boars, a family of elephant, leopards, bisons, the giant Malabar squirrel, barking deer and if luck’s on your side, then perhaps even the elusive tiger!
- Choose where you wish to stay - rooms in the heritage bungalow offer the old world charm with spacious rooms or the spacious luxury tents that provide for an adventurous stay admist the tea gardens. Regardless of which one you choose, the experience will be one that’s memorable for a long time to come!
- The place will feel like a home away from home with the warmth and wonderful hospitality that’s extended by the staff. Each member of the staff will go out of his/ her way to make your stay a comfortable one!
What to know
- The simple home cooked style meals are full of flavour! Expect nothing fancy but stuff prepared using local vegetables grown in the garden or available in the market. The menu changes for every meal. Wait to be surprised and delighted!
- Visit the nearby tea factory that goes back a few decades and learn the art of making tea. The staff will walk you through the whole process and you can end it with a tea tasting session.
- On cold days, the barbeque and bonfire out in the green lawns is just what completes the vacation. Glittering fireflies and twinkling stars will join you and keep you company till you’re done!
- If you decide to visit during the monsoons, be sure to carry good shoes as the place gets infested with leeches.
- Phone connectivity may be patchy. You will need to find a spot where the signal strength is good.