What we love
- This is a beautiful refurbished and lovingly maintained “Assam type” bungalow, now difficult to find, in the heart of Shillong. The ambience is relaxed and takes you back to a laid back era when these type of structures were common in the city.
- We love the architectural style and design of this structure that’s made using wood, plaster and tin roofing, a style that was popularized by the British for lightweight and earthquake proof housing.
- The rooms with wooden flooring are simple and homely. They have all the modern amenities to make your stay comfortable, at the same time, also have a warm Shillong feel to them in their architectural style and design.
- From here, you also have a great view of the undulating sprawl of the city!
- The food served is fresh and well prepared. For breakfast, you have a choice of Indian and Continental. Loved the warm hospitality of the staff!
What to know
- This bed and breakfast place doesn’t have a restaurant yet and hence you’ll need to step out for lunch. For dinner you may order in from their nearby cafe/ restaurant. The food is delicious!
- The staff can arrange local taxis for you. The charges will be slightly higher if you step out at night. Also, this being a small hill city, the roads generally get quiet by around 8pm or so and only few restaurants/ bars remain open past 10pm.
- You’re in the eastern most part of India! The sun rises here earlier than the other western regions of India, despite being in the same time zone. W e highly recommend an early morning stroll just before breakfast. A route worth walking along would be from Lower Lachumiere, up a winding road to Don Bosco square and then back via the Catholic Cathedral Church.