What we love
- This lodge, built in the wake of the establishment of the Tiger Circuit in India, snuggles atop a small hill of the Vindhyachal Range in Panna National Park. The primeval terrain, comprised of a sizeable plateau, overlooks thick tropical forests, ravines, waterfalls and the placid River Ken and was the private hunting ground of erstwhile rulers of Panna and other neighbouring states.
- We absolutely love the cottages spaced out along the stream amidst acres of wilderness. The structural framework is made of local sandstone on the exteriors, while the luxurious interiors bely the rugged stony facades. Each cottage is exceptional in size and comes with a private machaan or pavilion deck from where one can watch the recharged watering hole on the grounds that attracts the animals from the wild.
- White marble flooring offsets leather furniture and fixtures in ebony and brown. Comfortable leather beds are placed besides warm fireplaces. Well-appointed luxurious bathrooms with rain showers and lovely unique scrubs and soaps help you unwind after a long day in the wild outdoors. The verandahs feature illuminated platform-beds with stylized carvings and draped curtains inviting guests to sleep out among the chirping cicadas.
- Jungle lores are shared over out-of-the-world dining experiences! Enjoy sublime fare made from local produce and prepared by outstanding chefs, served unobtrusively in your cottage through butler hatches or, al fresco in palanquins/ox-carts by night or under the starry night!
What to know
- Go on an exhilarating safari, offered twice daily, where vigorously trained naturalists decode the world of the wild. They have an encyclopedic knowledge of every inhabitant of the forest, and know of every secret nook and cranny of the wilderness. Drive through the teak forests in search for the tiger while more than 200 species of birds fill the air with their songs and calls.
- When not on a jeep safari, go on treks along known routes in the company of professional guides. Here’s your chance to discover the quiet forests, grasslands, gorges and river banks along the Ken.
- The infinity pool created between rocky outcrops overlooking the stream is a great place to unwind and relax after a sojourn in the jungle.
- Staff hospitality is simply unbelievable that makes guests feel like royalty. Be prepared for the warmest of reception and service that will leave you sated and happy. The resident naturalist will not tire from briefing you on the wild life and vegetation over cocktails while personalised service from butlers ensure all your delectable whims, tastes and preferences are taken care of.
- Mobile connectivity may work but then may not! WiFi connectivity is not available. But then again, it is a blessing in disguise to for once be connected to the real world, soak in the bounty of nature and connect with your inner-self. Don’t fret - incase of emergencies, landlines are available.
- Don’t forget to carry your camera, binoculars, jungle attire, walking shoes, mosquito repellant, sun protection gear and a small medical kit.