What we love
- Nestled in the midst of coffee plantations are traditional styled cottages that have been built with a whole of lot of love by the owner couple. Pillars, windows, doors and even some of the antique furniture have been sourced from old heritage homes that were on their way to being destroyed while the artistic tiles on the floors have been hand-crafted by artisans from Tamil Nadu.
- Each of the bedrooms has been done up aesthetically fusing traditional and modern elements perfectly. The rooms come with comfortable four poster beds and an ensuite bathroom that’s equipped with all the modern amenities to make for a comfortable stay.
- Wade through the coffee plantations and learn about the cuppa that wakes up more than half the world! While here, you can go through the a bean to cup coffee plantation tour and learn the difference between Arabica, Robusta and other variants of coffee!
- The region of Coorg is endowed with interesting fables and legends surrounding the living communities that create the multi-coloured fabric of Coorg. The origin of the people is unknown, thus giving rise to enthralling stories of their descent. According to one of the legends, the Indo-Greek soldiers migrated to this region and married the local people after the conquest of Alexander the Great.
- Listen to and discuss more of these interesting legends, get to know more about the lay of the land, it’s flora and fauna from the passionate owners over freshly brewed cups of coffee. This is really one of the biggest highlights of staying at an owner run and managed place. They not only demystify what’s around you but extend the highest levels of hospitality ensuring you don’t leave as guests but as good friends!
What to know
- Enjoy the culinary traditions that Coorg harbours when you savour the exotic melange of ‘Kodava Outhana’ or traditional Coorgi meal. For the meat lovers, we recommend the Pandi curry (pork curry) traditionally served with Kadumbuttu, a type of rice dumplings. At other times, you can enjoy home-cooked fares of Indian and Continental with most ingredients freshly picked (we loved the freshly crushed pepper) from the estate. We also recommend trying the interesting Kachampuli, a Coorgi vinegar that has anti-cholesterol and other medicinal properties and is also believed to keep the fat in check! All that pork may not be so harmful after all :)
- There are two cottages - one with 2 bedrooms and another with 3 bedrooms. This place is perfect for a group of 10 or even smaller groups of 4 and 6. Of course, if you’re a couple, you can book too.
- If the weather plays spoilt sport or for when you’d just like to stay indoors, play a board game with your loved ones or pick a book from the library and read it at the verandahs or gardens while in the lap of nature. Just the way to be on a vacation, don’t you think?
- You’re going to be in the midst of nature, forest and the greens. If 4 and 8 legged creepy crawlies come and say a little hello, don’t freak out. You’re really on their land. Through the day, you’ll also hear the song of the birds - a sound that’s so soothing and relaxing - a welcome change from the sound of car horns we’re all accustomed to.
- If you’d like to check work mails or browse, WiFi is available in the common sitting area.