What we love
- Two cozy cottages, that seem like they’re right out of a fairytale book, are perched on the hillside surrounded by sweeping views of the mountains, sun-kissed clouds and lush green valleys. A place where you’ll have the pines and oak trees for company, fresh mountain air to breathe and the scented aromas of the flowers to inhale. A place from where you can watch the sky perform its drama or see lights coming on in the distant town of Shimla just as the sun sets and takes over the sun-kissed clouds - seems like an enchanted hideaway, doesn’t it?
- There are two beautiful cottages, one with five tasteful bedrooms and another with three elegant mountain view rooms. Each comes with it’s own verandah where you can sip on hot cups of ginger-honey tea while soaking in the sun. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished in subtle hues and floral prints, transporting you to some of the quaint towns of Europe and English countryside.
- The warmth and hospitality that’s extended by the staff, will make the place feel like a home away from home. You’ll come here as guests but leave having made friends in the hills giving you a reason to come back again and again. Your every need will be taken care of with a smile.
- Relish finger licking good home cooked style Continental and Indian fare for breakfast, out in the verandah or if you’re cold, in the chic dining room. Other meals can be more exotic or local - depending on what you’d like to have and what’s available in the kitchen! Chat up the chef and wait for your palate to be surprised.
- When you do venture into the town area of Kasauli or other nearby areas, try some of the delicious Tibetan dishes that have made their way here - thupka and momos as well as the local preparations - bandsamosa served with chutney and chole.
What to know
- While under the spell of the mountains and fresh mountain air, learn the ancient art of Yoga under the guidance of a certified instructor. Practice and master the different asanas or postures awakening the spiritual being within.
- Kasauli, a tranquil hill station close to Shimla, was the cantonment area during the days of the British Raj. Enjoy the colonial lifestyle when you visit the social club or the brewery nearby.
- The region is also home to blooming fruit orchards where one can see apples and peaches in shades of pink, red and orange! Take back a few bottles of scrumptious jams, marmalades, jellies and fruit wines!
- Go on long treks and trails around the pine and oak forests, guided by none other than the in-house dog who’ll wag his tail and lead the way! The pet dogs not only secure the cottages, but also welcome and shower you with a whole lot of love. They’re friendly, harmless and well trained, though those afraid of dogs, may want to keep a distance.
- If you’re driving down, we recommend keeping the directions handy and phones charged as it’s easy to miss the turns leading up to the cottage. The staff though are very helpful and will guide you through the way!
- WiFi is available if you need to check mails or browse the web. The signal strength is best around the reception area.
- For the energetic, we recommend the trek from Kasauli to Jabli (about 9 kms) - a trek offering panoramic views of the hills around. However, if you’re not up for something rigorous, go on the short walks around the area. If you seek the adrenaline rush, you could also head on over to Dagshai, the oldest British cantonment in the area and a place where you can go paragliding!